Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, August 11, 2023

NEON10 -- Tokyo

 

I found out about this band by accident a week or so ago, but NEON10 is a synthpop band with a flair for the retro and City Pop. If I'm not mistaken, their third and most recent single "Tokyo" was released on August 2nd.

That's about all I could find on NEON10 although it has a Twitter page that was set up back in May. "Tokyo" got my interest from the jangling synthesizers and the crash-and-bang percussion in the intro which reminded me of some of Toshiki Kadomatsu's(角松敏生)material back in the 1980s. In terms of the arrangement and the music video, I was also getting a good case of the Vaporwave. May the band continue on its mission and perhaps have fans reserving their air tickets for the capital itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.