Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 28, 2023

Gosanke Imagined: The Late 1980s Aidoru Sannin Musume



Y'know...the last time I wrote up a Gosanke(御三家)-themed article on KKP was back in June when I discovered that there was still an actual trio to note via The Jazz 3As of Being consisting of Sayuri Aso(麻生小百合), Tomoko Aran(亜蘭知子)and Naomi Akimoto(秋本奈緒美). And then I felt that the Gosanke file was done. Well, not so fast although I have to admit that this one is something out of my own imagination (thus the title). 

For the last little while, I've believed that the Golden Age of Aidoru in the 1980s was split into the early and latter parts of the decade. Whereas the early half had those cute chiffon-dressed teenyboppers-next-door, the latter half presented aidoru who were a little more street-savvy in appearance and attitude with the fashion to match for the most part. They seemed a bit more slinkier and ready to hit the dance clubs in Roppongi. At the same time, their music also struck me as going a bit further into other genres such as Eurobeat, City Pop and even a bit of rock.

Well, the three ladies that have always stuck in my head as the leaders of the late 80s brand of aidoru are Momoko Kikuchi(菊池桃子), Miho Nakayama(中山美穂)and Shizuka Kudo(工藤静香).

Momoko Kikuchi -- Sotsugyo (卒業)


Miho Nakayama -- C


Shizuka Kudo -- Kindan no Telepathy (禁断のテレパシー)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.