I never saw this 1988 film "Brain Damage" since I'm not a horror fan. But it looks like some cheesy fun. Some people say that everyone from the last Baby Boomers forward has some form of brain damage because of all of the mind-numbing TV shows, movies and video games that have been inflicted well into the 21st century.
But lest we go off into a totally different tangent that is alien to what we usually discuss about here on this blog, let's get to this sort of "Brain Damage" which happens to be the last track on eclectic band 99.99's self-titled debut album from April 1982. I've already written about some of the songs on "99.99" including the first track "Amazin' & Amusin'", and unlike the threatening title of that final track, "Brain Damage" is actually quite stimulating with the undulating Latin beats, fusion, jazz and even some hints of technopop. It sounds as if the members of 99.99 decided to throw everything but the kitchen sink into this one to finish things up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.