Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 2, 2026

Tokimeki Records feat. Mai Zaitsu -- Namida no Carat: Rumor Girl(涙のカラット)

 

Earlier in the summer, I posted an article regarding the latest in Tokimeki Records' brand of Neo-City Pop featuring Mai Zaitsu(財津マイ)titled "Tsuki wa Mirror Ball"(月はミラーボール). Since then, I've received information from an anonymous commenter that Zaitsu is actually the music video-animated persona of KiBi, a vocalist and songwriter for the pop duo sucola, so I'll have to take a look at that group sometime, too. Obviously, she isn't a relative of Kazuo Zaitsu(財津和夫)of Tulip as I'd wondered aloud in the article.

In any case, tonight I'm covering the latest collaboration between Tokimeki and Zaitsu from about a month ago, "Namida no Carat: Rumor Girl" (A Carat of Tears) which starts off with some toe-dancing piano and then some fast-paced brassy soul and Latin jazz go for a dance as Zaitsu sings about the hollowness of a certain love affair. The pair also worked on the songwriting here as well. Too bad about the lass' situation but it's a fun song to listen to.

1 comment:

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.