Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 2, 2026

EPO -- Nagisa no Monument(渚のモニュメント)

 

This upbeat, breezy and typically EPO-tastic number by singer-songwriter EPO has been categorized on J-Wiki as New Music and City Pop. I'd probably go more with the former than the latter but hey, I'm more than glad to post it on Urban Contemporary Friday.

"Nagisa no Monument' (Monument on the Beach), which was created by the singer and arranged by Nobuyuki Shimizu(清水信之), is EPO's 10th single from March 1986. A spritely song about moving on from the last romance as she somehow sees her former boyfriend with a new lady, I'm gathering that the monument that is mentioned in the song consists of old memories that she would like buried in the sand of the beach that used to be their haven way back when. 

The song was used as the commercial jingle for the Japan Victor series of Dynarec videotapes...because of course, a happy upbeat tune is just the thing for selling videotapes. I think what the dinosaurs are looking at is that Kawasaki Industrial Site that I mentioned back in my "Night Drive" article back on September 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.