Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, May 6, 2022

Mikio Masuda -- Walkin' In The City

 

Had a good lunch with Larry, fellow blog contributor, earlier today and combined with that sumptuous sushi and then the steak later on for dinner, my gastrointestinal system is working overtime so I'm feeling very sluggish. In fact, I should be looking very much like a slug right now. In any event, I need some aural cappuccino at this moment.

Luckily, this is urban contemporary Friday on "Kayo Kyoku Plus", so I was able to track down pianist Mikio Masuda's(益田幹夫)"Walkin' In The City" which is what I should have been doing to get rid of the grogginess. This is a track off of his 1982 "Chi Chi" album, and it's a good ol' instrumental funky strut through Tokyo. I am moving my body as I listen to Masuda and his band work out their systems; hopefully, I can spend several calories on a few repeat listenings to "Walkin' In The City".

One thing that I have missed about my old stomping grounds of Tokyo is that I was able to walk through a lot of the megalopolis. Although I didn't go too crazy during the torrid summers, during all other seasons, it was very pleasant strolling on the streets through areas such as Aoyama-Itchome above in the photo.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice meeting you for lunch. It looks like your steak was delicious also. Too bad I couldn't taste it :P

    Let's find an Izakaya next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Larry. Good to have seen you as well. Yeah, let's check out an izakaya somewhere. The steak was medium this time around.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.