Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Hiroshi Itsuki -- Koshi no Miyako(こしの都)

 

I made mention about last night's "Uta Con"(うたコン)on the Shizuko Kasagi(笠置シズ子)article with the tribute to the NHK asadora "Boogie Woogie"(ブギウギ). Well, enka legend Hiroshi Itsuki(五木ひろし)was also appearing on the show as well and what I didn't know was that March 14th (tomorrow) will be his 76th birthday. So, Happy Birthday, Dear Hiroshi!🎂 I have to say that the man really doesn't look his age.


Perhaps in commemoration of that anniversary, his latest single came out today which he did perform last night on stage. "Koshi no Miyako", which might translate as "The Capital of My Strength", was created by composer Itsuki and lyricist Michito Gouda(合田道人)under Kei Wakakusa's(若草恵) arrangement as the singer's own proud tribute to his home prefecture of Fukui. I'm sorry to say that I never had the opportunity to visit Fukui Prefecture but over the years, I've come to know it as as a treasure trove of dinosaur fossils and even during Itsuki's performance last night, we got to see a montage of the prefecture's other delights including the delicacy of Echizen crabs.

If anyone out there has been to Fukui Prefecture, let me know of any other highlights in the province!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.