Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 18, 2026

Junko Yagami -- No!

 

I covered a number of tracks on the article for Junko Yagami's(八神純子)"Full Moon" way back in 2017, but not all of them. Perhaps it's time to take care of some of the remaining ones at least.

Yes to "No!". This was one track that was written and composed by Yagami for the 1983 album and it was arranged by Ichizo Seo(瀬尾一三). It's pretty fun listening (especially with the repeated insistence of the title) so I was surprised that I hadn't included it in the writeup for "Full Moon" but still I'm happy to cover it now. I've categorized it as City Pop but it also has some of that synthesizer-and-guitar feel of New Wave. I think it could have also been included in my Author's Picks article for "Driving to City Pop" as Yagami sings about a woman who's enjoying a drive in her potential new steady's car...so much so that she won't entertain any questions about her romantic situation and premonitions from the guy right now. It's all about enjoying the present as much as possible before the inevitable heavy stuff has to be dealt with. I gather that the light and bouncy nature of "No!" is the proof in the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.