Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Crazy Ken Band -- Shinpai Muyo Bushi(心配無用節)

 

Last night's "Uta Con"(うたコン)was a pretty entertaining episode, all told. We had new popular group Monaki(モナキ)with their senpai group Junretsu(純烈), an old favourite in the form of an Anzen Chitai(安全地帯)and Yosui Inoue(井上陽水)duet that my friend and I used to sing at karaoke in the late 1980s, and quite a bit of soulful stuff. As well, there was a brief announcement of the passing of enka singer Nobue Matsubara(松原のぶえ).

As for the soulful stuff, Crazy Ken Band(クレイジーケンバンド)appeared with their leader Ken Yokoyama(横山剣)to sing their latest digital single from July 2026, "Shinpai Muyo Bushi" (The No Worries Song). Usually when I add the Labels for this group, it's pretty simple: the music is always gonna be J-R&B. Ahhh...but this time, I have to add an extra genre...that of enka. Crazily enough for Crazy Ken Band, "Shinpai Muyo Bushi" may have the usual funk and soul in there, but even my mother could distinctly hear the traditional undercurrent of enka popping in and out of Yokoyama's melody. I had been thinking of whether to apply the hybrid New Adult Music tag, too; however, the enka and funk n' soul were in there but separate rather than blended so I just kept it as enka and J-R&B. 

Lyrically, it's all about brushing off any of the problems since after all, they really don't even amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. With good ol' Ken by your side at the bar, the song is the reassurance that everything will be A-OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.