Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

AB'S -- Correspondence


Can't quite believe it's been over a year since I put up my last article on that really cool band of the 1980s, AB'S.



Well, I found another slick number by the group titled "Correspondence" from their 2nd album, logically titled "AB'S-2" from January 1984. Yup, it's got that urban contemporary feeling in there but with that relentless guitar plucking, I also got rather nostalgic for some of the Western pop hits of the time such as John Waite's "Missing You".

Written by band keyboardist Yoshihiko Ando(安藤芳彦)and composed by guitarist Makoto Matsushita(松下誠)who is unmistakably on vocals, I don't think AB'S ever did a music video for "Correspondence" (or perhaps any of their other material...not sure), but considering the title, I could imagine the band members playing make-believe as spies and counterspies as they skulk through the old buildings and dark alleys. Well, it's an idea anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.