Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Masayuki Suzuki -- Secret Boogie(シークレット・ブギー)


It's hard to believe it, but it's been a little over a year since I put up that article on Masayuki Suzuki's(鈴木雅之)hit single and first foray into anison, "Love Dramatic"(ラブ・ドラマティック). I'm still slightly disappointed that Martin didn't get a chance to appear on last year's Kohaku Utagassen but my anime buddy and I are wondering whether the King of Love Songs will be showing off his singing chops again for the second season of "Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai"(かぐや様は告らせたい)which will be starting off in Spring 2020 after making such a huge impression with "Love Dramatic" for the inaugural series. I'm not placing any bets and it'll be quite the thing to see if any new theme song equals "Love Dramatic".


Well, in the meantime, I can put up the trackmate of "Love Dramatic" from his most recent album "Funky Flag" (2019), "Secret Boogie". It truly is a funky boogie, and yup I have to admit that I had to make sure that the chorus was actually saying "Funk with me"😈. Short but sweet, I think in the odd chance that this song is actually made the new opening theme for "Kaguya-sama", it will also have the folks in the future reaction videos shimmy and shake as they did for "Love Dramatic". Kiyoshi Matsuo(松尾潔)and Yoshihiro Toyoshima(豊島吉宏)were responsible for words and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.