Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, February 7, 2020

Yumi Murata -- Stay With Me, My Love


Back in December last year, I wrote up an article about Yumi Murata's(村田有美)funky "Fushigi Okite"(不思議起きて)from her 1985 album "Uterus, Uterus".

Well, from that same release comes "Stay With Me, My Love" which is more on the City Pop/AOR dividing line. It aims for a ballad style with some slight oomph as the ever-calming fluegelhorn and chorus are paired with some injection of additional sharp horns later on. Good for any time of the day, and according to JASRAC, Murata provided lyrics while Etsuko Yamakawa(山川恵津子)came up with the appealing music.

I'm currently on a no-purchase policy for the next number of months at least until the end of tax season, but I'm gonna have to see whether I can track "Uterus, Uterus" down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.