Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, February 6, 2020

paris match -- 246


I have another contribution from the "Light Mellow" series, this time from "Avenue".


One of the more contemporary songs that I've heard in this series, this is "246" from the duo paris match via their 10th album "edition10" released in November 2012. A song about getting over a romantic spat several days prior, I've often categorized a paris match tune as something Shibuya-kei or City Pop. This time, though, I can't really say that "246" heads straight into either genre definitively so perhaps I can say that it's an example of really groovy pop although I hear that wacka-wacka guitar and a certain flute flutter reminiscent of "The Hustle" disco. Another nice one for the night car stereo, and speaking about driving, maybe the title refers to a particular highway.

Written by former paris match member Tai Furusawa古澤辰勲)and composed by leader Yosuke Sugiyama(杉山洋介), the originating album peaked at No. 74 on Oricon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.