Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Nash Music Library -- Sugar Kiss(シュガー・キス)

Good Free Photos
 

While I was coming across Sugar's(シュガー)"Kiss ga Ippai"(キスがいっぱい)some minutes earlier, I also encountered this short ditty by the good folks at Nash Music Library, home of the catchy BGM. I figure that it would be nice to end Sunday with something as upbeat as this one before the grind of the work week starts up once more tomorrow.

According to the YouTube description, "Sugar Kiss" was first released in August 2011 although the YouTube video popped up a decade later which would make it the earliest NML tune that I've brought onto KKP. Originating from the collection "Moe Moe Cute Pop"(萌え萌え Cute Pop), yeah, I gather that "Sugar Kiss" could describe an employee of an Akihabara maid café (or an adorable anime character) hopping on her Kawasaki and racing toward the second apartment in Hakone. It is cool and cute at the same time.

Knowing that my discovery of Nash Music Library was due to its ample usage as background music for the "Weathernews Live" broadcasts on YouTube, I can imagine that "Sugar Kiss" may have been a little too caffeinated for regular use. I mean, the casters there are already amply energized enough as it is.

3 comments:

  1. This instrumental tune is great way to end Sunday (or actually Monday in my neck of the woods). It sounds like it could be BGM for some video brightly colored video game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NML was a real find for me. The company probably has amassed hundreds if not thousands of ditties over the years for use in TV shows and commercials.

      Delete
    2. This one is a gem! It might make some good jogging or workout music, too.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.