Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, November 3, 2023

RIZCO (Ritsuko Kurosawa) -- Tokai(都会)

 

As of this writing, I haven't been to Tokyo in six years and I would dearly love to visit my old stomping grounds and friends there once more. There's always been a vibrancy there that can't be beat, and I know that some of the neighbourhoods I frequented such as Shibuya have changed quite a bit since my last visit.

Well, since we are noting the big city here, I'd like to show off this Ritsuko Kurosawa(黒沢律子)cover of Taeko Ohnuki's(大貫妙子)classic "Tokai" (The City) from her November 2001 7th album "melody". At the time, she was apparently going under the name of RIZCO. Not sure if I would categorize her take on "Tokai", which was originally on Ohnuki's "Sunshower" album (1977), a City Pop tune; I'd say that it has been given the groovy-and-spacey pop treatment which is perfectly fine. Nice bluesy guitar solo in there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.