Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, November 10, 2023

SHAMBARA -- Take Me Higher

 


Well, it's been even longer between SHAMBARA postings. The last article that I wrote about this City Pop supergroup with Tetsuo Sakurai/櫻井哲夫 (bass) and Akira Jimbo/神保彰 (drums & percussion) from Casiopea and vocalists Yurie Kokubu(国分友里恵)and Kaoru Akimoto(秋元薫)was for their "Aquarium no Tokai" (Aquarium の都会)back in the spring of 2021.

No worries here though since I've got them back with another banger of a track from their "Shambara" album from 1989. "Take Me Higher" is another pleasurable strut down Chuo-dori in Tokyo. Written by Akimoto and composed by Jimbo, it not only takes me back to the dance music of the 1980s but also makes me wonder about those Bubble Era years. The crazy thing is that "Take Me Higher" reminds me of Robbie Nevil's "C'est La Vie" from 1986, another supremely catchy hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.