Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, November 25, 2023

The Works of Ayumi Date(伊達歩), aka Shizuka Ijuin(伊集院静)

From Yahoo.jp

Unfortunately, the Japanese music world and the literary world lost a major figure on November 24th. Shizuka Ijuin passed away at the age of 73 from cancer. Born as a 2nd-generation Korean-Japanese in 1950 in Yamaguchi Prefecture, he was known as Cho Chung-rae(조충래)but his Japanese name was Tadaki Nishiyama(西山忠来). He later became a celebrated fiction author under the pen name of Shizuka Ijuin who won the Naoki Prize and the Yoshikawa Eiji Literary Award.

According to his J-Wiki and Random House files, he wore some other hats such as commercial director, advertising executive and lyricist. For that last occupation, he took on the name Ayumi Date for which he has some representation on the blog. He came up with lyrics for a wide variety of singers in the pop, aidoru, rock and City Pop categories. Here are some of those songs. Of course, I offer my condolences to his family, friends and fans.

(1981) Masahiko Kondo -- Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku (ギンギラギンにさりげなく)


In a casual way, that's my way
Just live your life casually, casually
(I got you baby, I need you baby
I want you baby, Right on!!)
(I got you baby, I need you baby
I want you baby, Right on!!)

(1979) Bread & Butter -- Nagisa ni Ikou (渚に行こう)


I wanna walk together with you
on the beach that hasn't woken up yet
The remaining light of the stars
is on your lips
Kiss me gently

(1979) Yuko Asano -- Summer Champion(サマー・チャンピオン)


Summer Queen, Tempting Summer Queen
Woo Woo Summer Queen Summer Love
When I turn around, she whispers and hugs me
Looking at me with admiration, I will become the one and only champion

(1979) Mari Natsuki -- Wing(ウィング)


Forgotten in the crowd
I feel nostalgia when I go down the stairs
at the small station
I hear "Diana"
When I go up the white hill
The unbearable love
is surrounded by the scent of saffron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.