2. Anzen Chitai Wine-Red no Kokoro
3. Seiko Matsuda Rock N' Rouge
4. Checkers Namida no Request
5. Checkers Kanashikute Jealousy
6. Akina Nakamori Jikkai
7. Gannosuke Ashiya Musume yo
8. Checkers Hoshikuzu no Stage
9. Akina Nakamori Kita Wing
10. Akina Nakamori Southern Wind
The singles of the year for 1984 showed a lot of new talent rising like a wave: Akina Nakamori was continuing her soaring career, while Checkers really made an impact with its New Wave/50s mix of pop in terms of their songs and theatricality. And then there was the atmospheric arrival of the shibui Anzen Chitai with the sharp-as-a-knife Koji Tamaki. But enka was still represented with Gannosuke Ashiya's "Musume yo", and the Queen of the Aidorus, Seiko Matsuda, still broke through nearly all of the up-and-comers with "Rock N' Rouge"....will never forget the lyrics: "...pure, pure lips."
But the No. 1 song of the year was a trio-turned-duo of cute aidoru singing an oh-so-sweet song that a dentist could give warnings about.