Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Do As Infinity -- Tooku made(遠くまで)


It's been a while since I've mentioned anything about early 2000s band Do As Infinity but I got reminded of Tomiko Van(伴都美子), D.A.I. and Ryo Owatari(大渡亮)a few days ago while my anime buddy and I were doing the usual anison hour at his place. There was that recognizable voice of Van as she sang, and when I looked at the screen, I found out that the title was "Tooku made" (Far Away), Do As Infinity's 8th single from April 2001.


What I learned was that "Tooku made" was also the theme song for the anime feature "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" which came out in Japan the same year.


The official music video was far different in theme, though, as Van plays a soldier doing her best in battle. Written and composed by Do As Infinity guitarist and songwriter D.A.I., "Tooku made" peaked at No. 12 . It was also a track on the band's 3rd album "Deep Forest" from September 2001, which hit the top of the charts and finished the year as the 32nd-ranked album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.