Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, November 11, 2019

EPO -- Escape (エスケイプ)


Last night with my anime buddy, I was lucky to have a pretty nice dinner at a restaurant called Yang's Braised Chicken Rice near his place. Tucked into a nice hot pot of stewed chicken with peppers and mushrooms and some zesty and spicy sauce. On top of a bowl of hot rice, it was absolutely perfect!

I say this now because my city is being walloped with several centimetres of snow at this moment. This is one of the reasons that I'm happy that I work at home and my sympathies go out to all of the commuters trying to get back home. By tomorrow morning, there ought to be as much as 17 centimetres or about 6 inches of the white stuff on the ground. I would think that Yang's should be having a sizable lineup right out the door at this moment for those who desire to get something tasty and hot in their stomachs.


"Escape" may truly be the appropriate tune for this article then since I'm sure that a lot of the folks getting home tonight are dreaming of making their escape to warmer and sunnier climes. I have a number of EPO's albums already but her September 1981 "JOEPO" isn't one of them quite yet. "Escape" is one of the tracks written and composed by the ever-jaunty EPO.

Therefore, I never got to hear this song until today. And boy, it's a winner....so very EPO-esque! Well, when I think of it, I get reminded of Hall & Oates from that time period as well as David Foster's old duo, Airplay. That relentless piano tapping and the guitar solo are the things that do it for me. Now, I gotta make a list for Xmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.