Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Gosanke: Toshiba Sannin Musume(東芝三人娘)

 

When I was thinking about this latest in the Gosanke(御三家...The Big 3)series on KKP, I also mused about whether our household every owned anything by Toshiba. Sony and Hitachi were represented at home and of course, there was the Toyota car, but I don't think a Toshiba item ever got past our threshold. However, I do remember the Toshiba Rupo word processor in the Board of Education of Tsukiyono where I worked on the JET Programme. Compared to the slender laptops we have now, the Rupo was a veritable World War I tank.

But I digress. For this Gosanke entry, there is the Toshiba Sannin Musume (The Three Ladies of Toshiba) consisting of singers Chiyo Okumura(奥村チヨ), Jun Mayuzumi(黛ジュン)and Tomoko Ogawa(小川知子). The connection among the three is that the ladies debuted their discographies from Toshiba Records, and the name got adhered to them in the late 1960s according to J-Wiki with Okumura being the latest to debut in the year 1965. The naming is similar to what happened with a later trio of singers: the RCA Sannin Musume(RCA三人娘).

Tomoko Ogawa -- Yuube no Himitsu (ゆうべの秘密)


Chiyo Okumura -- Shuuchaku Eki (終着駅)


Jun Mayuzumi -- Tenshi no Yuwaku (天使の誘惑)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.