Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Ryoko Sakaguchi -- Kajitsushu(果実酒)

 

Back in 2021, I put up a couple of songs recorded by actress/singer Ryoko Sakaguchi(坂口良子), and it was good that I hedged my bets and put two for the price of one in that article since the earlier of the pair, "Shitsuren Collage"(失恋コラージュ), was soon taken down by the usual powers-that-be.


"Shitsuren Collage" was a track on Sakaguchi's one-and-only full album "Kajitsushu" (Fruit Wine) from 1979, and though it was too bad that that particular song has gone the way of the dodo, I was able to find the title track. As I did for "Shitsuren Collage", "Kajitsushu" seems to be in the New Music vein of things with an intro and persistent keyboard rhythm reminiscent for the one for the 1960s pop hit "Daydream Believer" although the overall arrangement is contemporary for that time. It's so relaxing that I was quite tempted to also include the genre of Fashion Music. There is some synthesizer buzzing around like birds in a glade, though.

As was the case with the other track, "Kajitsushu" was written by Yoshiko Miura(三浦徳子)and composed by Ken Sato(佐藤健). I'm just glad that I could find one track from the album to replace the now-missing "Shitsuren Collage".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.