Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Young Gun Silver Fox -- Simple Imagination

 

Back in September 2021, I wrote about a duo called Young Gun Silver Fox who brought back the joy of late 70s/early 80s West Coast AOR into the 21st century. "Kids" hails from Shawn Lee and Andy Platts' 2020 album "Canyons" and I was tickled pink (or should I say leisure suit green?) by both the mellow melody of my childhood and the music video.

As I mentioned in the article for "Kids", nope, this is neither a write-up on a Japanese pop song nor a ROY article, but heck I will gladly made an exception for Young Gun Silver Fox, especially coming across another treasure of theirs in the form of "Simple Imagination". This comes from their 2022 release "Ticket to Shangri-La" and Lee and Platts have that Pages influence once more in their delivery but some of that arrangement also reminds me of Stevie Wonder's 1976 "As". I do love those horns as well as the keyboards.

I found another feature about YGSF on Music Glue so you can read about what makes these guys tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.