Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Guiano feat. IA -- Superhero

 

Yesterday, I watched some of those epic Super Bowl commercials for upcoming blockbusters. The only one that caught my interest was the trailer for "The Flash", the speediest DC superhero, and considering all of the sturm und drang with additional Samsonite luggage that the project and its star, Ezra Miller, had been carrying, it was pretty relieving and reassuring that the movie has garnered some good buzz from test audiences. 

Having said that, though, I recall a year ago when the trailer for "Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness" came out, everyone was going bonkers in a great way and I had been looking forward to it. I ended up getting mildly disappointed. So, I'm cautiously optimistic about "The Flash", although it was great seeing Michael Keaton suit up again after remembering my time in the theatre to see "Batman" in 1989.

Well, I decided to go dive into the backlog once more to search for a superhero-themed tune, and lo and behold, I found this one by Vocalo P and singer/songwriter Guiano titled "Superhero". The IA here is actually the IA software application based upon the voice of singer/songwriter Lia who does have her own song on board KKP, "Tori no Uta"(鳥の詩).

In a way, if "Superhero" could be matched with anyone on the DCEU's Justice League, it would be Miller's Flash since his Barry Allen is such an adorable little nerd who would probably be into anime (we'll see what the movie shows). The blippity-bloppity melody is something that I know that I have heard now and then as background music on some television shows in Japan. Plus the lyrics give an important message about folks who fantasize about becoming superheroes; I gather in Japan, it's all about catching that chuunibyo thing. Near the end of the song, a buddy comes in to ask the first person regarding the need to become a superhero since there's nothing wrong about being the person that they have always been. Once again, in a way, the message reminds me of what Dr. Erskine told a pre-Captain America Steve Rogers years ago. Anyways, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "The Flash", and heck, Ant-Man has got his film coming out in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.