Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Masami Yoshimoto feat. De Voice -- Delight of my love

 

With all of the stuff that's been going on in the world locally and internationally, it's hard to believe but Valentine's Day almost escaped my mind today. And yet here it is. I'm hoping that at least a couple of people I know will be taking their significant others for a special dinner tonight. Weather-wise, one couldn't have asked for a better February 14th since we're getting a record-breaking temperature of 8 degrees Celsius as a high (the usual temperature would have had a negative sign beside the number). Of course, in Japan, the whole Valentine's thing is a two-parter with February 14th being the day that men give their chocolates to women while March 14th (White Day) is the day of romantic (or not) reciprocation.

I did find something in the backlog that could fit today's theme of the heart. "Delight of my love" is an August 2002 single released by Masami Yoshimoto(吉村まさみ)featuring De Voice, aka singer/songwriter Yasushi Sasamoto(笹本安詞). The song was used as a theme for the Fuji-TV drama "Shin Ai no Arashi"(新・愛の嵐...The New Love Storm) that had its run between July and September 2002 and was a remake of the original series in 1986.

There's very little information on either Yoshimoto or De Voice although I found that the latter has provided songs and arrangements for other artists. As far as I could check, Yoshimoto only released two singles and an album which is too bad since I think that both her and De Voice made a great duet performance here. "Delight of my love", despite its release date, sounds like a romantic pop ballad from the 1980s. I would almost think that David Foster had been lurking around the studio with a full pen. The songwriters here were lyricist Hiro Kawamura(川村ヒロ)and composer Hiroo Yamaguchi(山口寛雄).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.