Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Gosanke: Kadokawa Sannin Musume(角川三人娘)

 




Yeah, I know...I was getting cute with the arrangement again. 🙄 Anyways, for the Gosanke(御三家...The Big Three) file, I first want to thank Noelle for her inclusion of the Sengo Sanba Garasu (戦後三羽烏) a few days ago. Of course, last Saturday I did my bit for the Group Sounds equivalent.

Today, I've opted to take things a little further in time to the 1980s since I did find another trio of young ladies who were given their own trio name. For those who knew their Japanese starlets from that decade, they were Hiroko Yakushimaru(薬師丸ひろ子), Noriko Watanabe(渡辺典子)and Tomoyo Harada(原田知世). All three of them have been on "Kayo Kyoku Plus" because of their singing but the trio wasn't put together by the media for their time in the recording booth. Known collectively as the Kadokawa Sannin Musume (The Three Women of Kadokawa), they were most likely formed as such by what was once known as Kadokawa Pictures (now called Kadokawa Daiei Studio, according to Wikipedia) because of their association with the studio as up-and-coming actresses. However, as I said above, since they have also released their own singles and albums, I think that we can put them here, too. Watanabe was the latest to debut with her music in 1984.

Hiroko Yakushimaru -- Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu (セーラー服と機関銃)


Tomoyo Harada -- Toki wo Kakeru Shojo (時をかける少女)


Noriko Watanabe -- Hare, Tokidoki Kill Me (晴れ、ときどき殺人)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.