Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, February 17, 2023

Kaori Kuno -- Elevator Lover

 

Up to this point, I've only had the two Kaoru Kuno(久野かおり)albums, "Breath" and "Rose", from the early 1990s. The feeling back then was that the songs by this singer-songwriter and saxophonist were so languid and chamomile tea-friendly that I was ready to classify them as Fashion Music.

But then in recent years, I've discovered that before and after those albums, Kuno was capable of doing the upbeat material. My last article on her was the peppy "Just Only Tonight" from 1989, for example. And for today, I have "Elevator Lover" from her 1992 "Concord" album. 

"Elevator Lover", huh? Hey, I'm not sure what's involved in this one but I'm not going to judge. Anyways, this is another rather rollicking song, written and composed by Kuno, armed with synth-horns and a melody and rhythm that has me thinking about the natsuskashii 1990s brand of City Pop or straight-ahead pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.