Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Nobuyuki Shimizu -- Sayonara Mata Itsuka(さよならまたいつか)

 

Not that I am trying to give a plug to this site but I do like to use thumbnails based on the song to a certain extent, and I did want to find a sunset photo. I managed to do so at www.goodfreephotos.com for this shot taken in Pakistan.

And the reason that I wanted to get a sunset shot was because how I feel about this song. Back in late 2021, I found out that multi-instrumentalist and arranger Nobuyuki Shimizu(清水信之), who usually gets his name up here through his creations for other singers, released a couple of his own albums, with the first one being "Corner Top" in 1980. One of those tracks was "Silver Spot", a jazzy City Pop instrumental.

Well, here's another one from "Corner Top", "Sayonara Mata Itsuka" (Goodbye and See You Again). I was surprised to realize that the song was actually the third track. The song, including its title, make it seem as if it would have made a great ender to the album. It does have that bluesy dusky feeling which could accompany the end of a tough bur ultimately rewarding day leading to Miller Time!🍺 Alternately as the title hints at, it could also be the theme for a sad and happy departure of friends who will not be seeing each other for a while at least. Not sure what instrument is the lead here...maybe it's a synthesizer or a pianica but it does convey the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.