Recently going over "Light Mellow ~ Beams", I've come across a few tracks on the compilation that I never thought to cover on the blog, so shame on me for that oversight.
One of those former neglected songs from "Beams" is Izumi Kobayashi(小林泉)& Flying Mimi Band's "My Beach Samba", originally from her March 1978 debut album "ORANGE SKY-Endless Summer". Written, composed and arranged by Kobayashi herself, it's a fun and perky and Latin jazzy City Pop number of the 1970s with inclusion of that decade's aural symbol of the genre...the keyboard haze effect. Speaking of keyboards, I think that is indeed Kobayashi just going crazy on her instrument near the end. Not to be outdone, I have to mention the saxophone and guitar solos, too.
PS. Well, it looks like my memory is failing me. I did write up something on the album proper back in 2019 and that also included my comments on "My Beach Samba". But hey, any song is worth another look.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.