Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, July 23, 2026

80kidz & AAAMYYY -- Magic

Looks like we've got the electro trio helping out here. The most recent of these acts that I've talked about was tofubeats when I posted his "Angels on the Dance Floor" at the end of May this year. 80kidz and AAAMYYY were last visited back in 2023.


Back in February 2021, the electro duo 80kidz came up with their 6th album, "ANGLE", from which we have their "Magic" today. A lovelorn collaboration with singer-songwriter and former potential Air Canada flight attendant AAAMYYY, I'd been expecting something fairly wild and dance floor-friendly, but, and I'm not complaining here, "Magic" is actually quite the chill tune and I should have known this considering AAAMYYY's whispery voice. I'd say that it qualifies for more introspective and sip-worthy contemplation between frantic dance moves.

A couple of months later, a tofubeats remix of "Magic" was released as an 80kidz' single. It's fortified with a bit more blip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.