Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Ari Ozawa -- Heart no Tone ni Kizuite yo! Dareka. (ハートのトーンに気付いてよ!誰か。)




I've just started the 3rd go-around with the 2014 anime "Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun"(月刊少女野崎くん...Girls' Monthly Nozaki-kun), and there is a goodly amount of flavour remaining in this gum. Namely, I'm still chuckling a lot at the hilarity within the adventures of Chiyo Sakura and Umetaro Nozaki.

My anime buddy was kind enough to give me a copy of the single containing the ending theme for "Nozaki-kun", "Ura-Omote Fortune" (ウラオモテ・フォーチュン)which I've already written about. Unlike the straight-on and adorable technopop of the A-song, the coupling song "Heart no Tone ni Kizuite yo! Dareka." (Someone, Notice the Tone of My Heart!) has got a bit more rock and maybe even a tad of disco although the singer is once again the main seiyuu Ari Ozawa(小澤亜李)who's been fairly busy this year with her roles in "Active Raid" and "Kono Bijutsu-bu ni wa Mondai ga aru"(この美術部には問題がある!).

What I like about this rumbling song is that most of it is spoken by the characters of Sakura as played by Ozawa, Nozaki by Yuuichi Nakamura(中村悠一)and the insecure Mikoto Mikoshiba by Nobuhiko Okamoto(岡本信彦)with the background of that technorock beat. In fact, I would say that the three seiyuu were playing out a missing scene from Episode 2 of the show when Sakura and Mikoshiba had their first awkward few days together. However, the story of the song is the poor lass' attempts to get her senpai Nozaki to see her as more than the helpful assistant in his manga work...and utterly failing. It's almost like the anime analogy of Charlie Brown, Lucy Van Pelt and the dreaded football.

Every time I listen to the song, I always think that "Heart no Tone" would probably be the ideal song to be performed in a stage production musical version of the show. It has that feeling of a scene that could be played out in the theatre, and I could imagine the three actors doing those talking parts at Nozaki's apartment before Sakura goes into her singing mode while breaking down the fourth wall and blaring out her frustrations to the audience. 

I've also gotta say that I enjoy that brief disco part just before the song goes into its final refrain. Somewhere I could hear the echo of Rod Stewart singing "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"

As time goes by, the feeling is that there will probably not be any sequel to "Nozaki-kun", but at this point, I'm quite happy enjoying the original series as it is.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.