Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Izumi Kato/Miho Morikawa -- September


Well, it is indeed September...never thought that we'd reach this point in the year so quickly, but I figure that is what middle age is all about.

I've been making this a personal tradition but since whenever September 1st rolls about, I always end up playing Mariya Takeuchi's(竹内まりや)classic "September", I decided to pay some tribute and look for some famous covers. Sure enough, I found a couple of them. One is by Izumi Kato(加藤いづみ)who gives a soft ballad version.


The other is basically Miho Morikawa(森川美穂)doing a straight-up karaoke cover against the original arrangement by Tetsuji Hayashi(林哲司).


And here is the original by Takeuchi. As for what the song has to do with former Fed director Ben Bernanke, you got me. For information on the song itself, you can check the original article.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.