Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Lisa Ono -- Moon River

 


Well, out of curiosity, I wanted to see if there were any singers out there whose birthdays were on July 29th today, and sure enough, I could find one chanteuse. Japanese-Brazilian bossa nova singer Lisa Ono(小野リサ)celebrates her 64th birthday so many happy wishes upon her.

To commemorate this day, and on a Hump Day which might have been rather stressful thus far being the day farthest away from weekends, I should find something that is quite soothing. Ono has often provided the musical balm in that respect. And so I provide her cover of the classic "Moon River" which was originally made in the early 1960s by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer for the film "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

With a fan wafting some needed cooling air into my otherwise stuffy room and the sun beginning to set into the horizon, Ono's "Moon River" is just the tonic for a Wednesday. The only thing missing is a Brown Cow on my desk. Anyways, her version is included in the March 2002 "Ono Lisa Best 1997-2001".

2 comments:

  1. I started playing this song before I read the description and thought I felt a strange sense of déjà vu! However, after reading the blog entry, I see that this song is a cover and a rather smooth chill one at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I was feeling really tired last night so I wanted to cover something that was soothing on the ears and easy on the fingers. Couldn't have asked for anything better than this cover.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.