Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, August 8, 2019

JET LAG -- Everytime You Need



Almost a couple of months ago, I introduced the band JET LAG which had a four-year stint between 2000 and 2004. I liked the first song I heard by them "Back of my mind", the title song from their first mini-album released in 2000. It's quite the cafe-friendly tune with a certain sunny Shibuya-kei sort of feeling.

Now I give you another track from "Back of my mind", "Everytime You Need" which I think is more of a straight pop song although that indies vibe is still retained. Not quite as polished as the title track, it still has a good steady uptempo beat and the arrangement of "Everytime You Need" including the wah-wah guitar reminds me more of Original Love. And of course, the semi-joke here is that sole member Takao Tajima(田島貴男)has made it clear that Original Love hasn't embraced Shibuya-kei at all.

Although JET LAG has long been disbanded, I hope that the individual members have been finding continued success wherever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.