Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, April 16, 2021

Hiroshi Kamayatsu -- Nagisa no Yuuwaku(渚の誘惑)

 

I don't watch melodramas and from what I've read about this April 1978 movie "Nagisa no Shiroi Ie" (渚の白い家...The White House on the Beach), the movie sounds like it. The star Ruriko Asaoka(浅丘ルリ子)plays a woman in a marital crisis while living in Hawaii who's encouraged by a friend to carry out an affair.

Again, I'm not a fan of romantic dramas but I have to admit that I do like this song from the soundtrack for "Nagisa no Shiroi Ie", "Nagisa no Yuuwaku" (Beach Temptation). Composed by Hiroshi Kamayatsu(かまやつひろし)with arrangement by Tetsuji Hayashi(林哲司), it does sound like typical background music for any Japanese TV drama but it still makes for some peaceful and easy listening to any AOR fan. My compliments to the flutist and the bluesy guitarist, especially. Plus, I think that's either Kamayatsu or Hayashi putting in his voice near the end although I don't know who's ultimately responsible for the whistling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.