Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, April 16, 2021

Eddy Yamamoto -- Let Me In Your Life

 

As I described for the song in my previous article, I'm not quite sure whether this would come across as a City Pop song per se, and generally Fridays are the days when I like to put up the urban contemporary numbers, but it is a pretty tasty tune.

My very first Eddy Yamamoto(エディ山本)song was "Making Love" which definitely has those Doobie Brothers influences, but its track mate which launches the singer-songwriter's 1984 album "Dream Hunter", "Let Me In Your Life", doesn't quite fit that pattern. It is quite the intriguing strut, though, and it's alternately dreamy and plenty active. Along with the bouncy percussion and the synthesizers, I also like those distinct Eddy vocals which remind slightly remind me of Gino Vannelli and even Masayuki Iwata(岩田雅之)of the band Pazz. "Let Me In Your Life" even lets in some jazziness through the piano near the end.

It's always nice to encounter the unusual standouts in the blog, and I think Eddy Yamamoto would be one of those fellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.