Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Junichi Kawauchi -- Kimi no Hitomi Ippai no Natsu(君の瞳いっぱいの夏)

 

We are just about finished with the first month of 2023 and it's been an unusually warm January thus far although today has actually frozen over with something seasonal. Heck of a time to put up a summery song, but perhaps some people might appreciate some vicarious sun worshipping.

I was doing some more backlog sweeping and found that a Junichi Kawauchi(河内淳一)video for which I'd already written about the song a few years ago was still lingering there, so I got rid of that one. Then I decided to see if I could track down another Kawauchi song since I did enjoy his "Koi ni Ochita Hi ~ Anyday You Love Me"(恋に落ちた日)from 1988.

Sure enough, it didn't take long at all to find "Kimi no Hitomi Ippai no Natsu" (Summer Filled with Your Eyes), a Kawauchi single that came out in June 1992. It certainly sounds like a 1990s summertime song with the wailing electric guitar in there. I swore that the singer had become part of the Being label, but actually, it was Fun House behind its production. Another notable point is that Kiyotaka Sugiyama(杉山清貴)provided lyrics (with Kawauchi handling the melody) for another singer's song for the first time here. No idea whether "Kimi no Hitomi Ippai no Natsu" was used for a commercial, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had been used to hawk something like Pocari Sweat or any other drink to slake one's thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.