Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Gosanke: GS Gosanke(GS御三家)

 

When I first saw the trio listed for the GS Gosanke or The Big Three for Group Sounds bands, I was a little surprised at the trio. No offense meant against Ox fans, but I thought that The Spiders with Jun Inoue(井上順)and Masaaki Sakai(堺正章)would be in there instead, but actually the trio is indeed Ox, The Tempters and The Tigers. Ox was actually the latest of the three bands to debut in 1968 while the other two first appeared in 1967.

Not sure when the media decided to come up with the tag for the three groups but there isn't a lot referencing this term of the GS Gosanke so perhaps this was more a name coined by fans over the decades. Regardless here they are.

The Tigers -- Hana no Kubi Kazari (花の首飾り)


The Tempters -- Kamisama Onegai (神様お願い)


Ox -- Girl Friend(ガール・フレンド)

1 comment:

  1. GS御三家 is a very curious name! My eyes saw the GS and skipped over to 三 and I immediately though of Mikami Ghost Sweeper for some strange reason till I came to my senses and saw the polite prefix 御 and the character 家 for house/home/guru. Anyway, that is a name I haven't run across before. Enjoyed trying out some new songs and groups.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.