Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 20, 2023

paris match -- Yokaze no Information(夜風のインフォメーション)

 

Just from listening to this cover of a classic Kingo Hamada(濱田金吾)City Pop song, I'm quite tempted to get this album of covers, "OUR FAVOURITE POP II 〜TOKYO STYLE〜".


And I'm talking about the cool and elegant duo paris match who came up with the album in November 2022. I haven't heard the other covers on "OUR FAVOURITE POP II", but I am definitely enjoying Mari Mizuno(ミズノマリ)and Yosuke Sugiyama's(杉山洋介)take on Hamada's "Yokaze no Information"  (Night Wind Information) which was originally from his 6th album "Heart Cocktail" of 1985. I think that paris match's version still has that City Pop flavour but it's done in an updated soul arrangement. I miss that saxophone from the original but I'm happy that the ASMR-inducing key shift is still in there. On top of that, I swear that the guys put in a Doobie Bros. rhythm at the end.

Once again as a reminder, "Yokaze no Information" was written by Kazuko Kobayashi(小林和子)and composed by Hamada. Maybe when I recover from all those Holiday bills, I may consider grabbing the album.

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! Holiday bills! and higher winter electric/gass bills, too. Plus I have to pay an annual fee to NHK next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the NHK fee no longer monthly? I always remembered the NHK guy coming to my place to collect.

      Delete
    2. You can have someone come by each month(if you live in the bigger cities), or you can have them deduct the money directly out your bank account once a year.

      Delete
    3. I probably would have preferred the latter option when I was living there.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.