Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 20, 2023

Yoko Nishigori -- All is Loneliness

 

It's been fairly busy on the blog today but I'd like to finish Friday off with one more article before I retire.

Hard to believe, but it's coming up to four years since I last put up a song by Yoko Nishigori(西郡よう子)who is now known as jazz singer Kei Hoshino(星乃けい). But I've got another track from her one and only 1980 album under the Nishigori moniker, "My Name is YOKO", to join "Samidare"(五月雨)and "Futari"(二人).

"All is Loneliness" was written and composed by Nishigori as a brassy City Pop tune which alternates between light & mellow and dynamic disco. At the same time, I also get some hints to the singer's future as a jazz singer in the arrangement (especially with the sax coda) and some of the soft Cleo Laine-like delivery as she sings the title like a mantra. 

1 comment:

  1. There is something very nostalgic and relaxing about this song. It makes me feel as if I have heard it long ago before, but I am pretty sure I haven't heard it before.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.