Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Hiroshi Itsuki & Harumi Miyako -- Futari no Love Song(ふたりのラブソング)

 

Well, before I forget, Happy Chinese New Year! For those who are celebrating, I hope that all of you will be prosperous and healthy in the Year of the Rabbit

This song doesn't particularly have anything to do with Chinese New Year. However, I was watching the weekly "Shin BS Nihon no Uta"(新BS日本のうた...New Broadcast Satellite Songs of Japan) earlier this afternoon on TV Japan, and I actually encountered a song that I hadn't heard before from either Hiroshi Itsuki's(五木ひろし)or Harumi Miyako's(都はるみ)vast discographies. Although I did provide an article about Itsuki last year, it's been almost three years since I wrote anything about Miyako via her "Sayonara Kaikyo"(さよなら海峡).

The enka titans released a duet single titled "Futari no Love Song" (Love Song for Two) in December 1984, and as I heard it on "Shin BS Nihon no Uta" today, I think that it was well worth writing about, something that was confirmed from listening to the actual duo tackle it above. Written by Osamu Yoshioka(吉岡治)and composed by Itsuki himself, it's again one of those kayo that I think straddles the line between enka and Mood Kayo. Perhaps the enka feeling comes from the fact that both singers are well versed in that genre, but the arrangement by Tsuneo Saito(斉藤恒夫)makes things quite comfy for a drink in a Tokyo watering hole somewhere, thus the Mood Kayo tag. I also feel that because it was made as a duet, "Futari no Love Song" was probably ideal in those karaoke bars.

Anyways, enjoy the holiday!🎆

2 comments:

  1. Neither you nor I are Chinese as far as I know, but Happy Chinese New Years day to from Aomori, Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Happy Lunar New Year to everyone today!

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.