Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, September 4, 2023

EVISBEATS feat. WHALE TALX & annie the clumsy -- Lullaby

 

If you are living in Canada or the United States, I hope that you are enjoying your Labour Day before getting back to work tomorrow or getting ready to go to school. For me, I'll simply be enjoying a restful holiday Monday at home which also includes the usual daily blogging.

When I found out about the MC and trackmaker EVISBEATS not too long ago through his 2021 "Cherry Blossom" collaboration with musician Kazuhiko Maeda(前田和彦), I also found another YouTube video as a recommended piece. In December 2018, he released an album "Holiday" which had the track "Lullaby".

EVISBEATS took a more active role in "Lullaby" along with some good buddies: Japanese hip-hop group WHALE TALX and singer-songwriter annie the clumsy who was apparently inspired by New Zealand comedy duo Flight of the Conchords to spark her career in music. All together, they make "Lullaby" into one of the calmest and grooviest hip-hop tunes that I've ever heard...maybe more hip-pop, I'm not sure. I've known about EVISBEATS for just a short while but my impression is that he also has his love for jazz so I can pick some of that up in the arrangement of the song. In fact, with that keyboard work in there, I kinda got that feeling that if the late legendary Vince Guaraldi had gotten into hip-hop, "Lullaby" could have been one result.

On the same day that "Holiday" was released, EVISBEATS also put out an instrumental version of the album which includes "Lullaby".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.