Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, September 17, 2023

J-Canuck's Kokochi Yoi(心地良い)Tunes

 

Back in the summer of 2020 when the world was in the middle of the pandemic, I posted up the third in the series of "Happy Songs for Me"...those tunes that would get me in a better frame of mind just simply by listening to them. Well, yesterday I listened to a Junko Yagami(八神純子)favourite on YouTube, "Be My Best Friend" from 1980 and although I hadn't been in a dark place, I could immediately feel the glorious decompression setting in once I heard those golden bossa nova tones.

Looking at the comments below the video, I saw one Japanese person mention how kokochi yoi "Be My Best Friend" was. Of course, I don't really teach Japanese through the blog but in the interests of cultural exchange, kokochi yoi means "comfortable" or "pleasant". So, today I decided to start today's round of KKP posts with an Author's Pick on those comfy and relaxing songs. These ones can be different from the ones that I've picked on "Happy Songs for Me" (although there may be some overlapping) in that these don't so much energize me into bliss as they actually give me that ASMR feeling of "Ahhhhhh". More hammock than nightclub, you might say. Anyways without further ado and in no particular order, I give you the following tunes.

Junko Yagami -- Be My Best Friend (1980)


Junko Ohashi -- Telephone Number (1981)


Akiko Kobayashi -- Diary (ダイアリー)(1985)


Off Course -- Aki no Kehai (秋の気配)(1977)


Taeko Ohnuki -- Kuro no Clair (黒のクレール) (1982)


Jun'ichi Inagaki -- Natsu no Claxon (夏のクラクション)(1983)


Yasuhiro Abe -- Irene (アイリーン)(1984)


Tohoku Shinkansen -- Summer Touches You (1982)


Miki Imai -- Natsu wo Kasanete (夏をかさねて)(1988)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.