Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 22, 2023

One Step Communicate -- True Paradise

 


I was pretty impressed by the band One Step Communicate which was introduced by KKP's HRLE92 back in February so that I also covered them through a later contribution by the group to the anime franchise "Shinpi no Sekai El-Hazard"(神秘の世界エルハザード...The Magnificent World of El-Hazard). As the author mentioned, every track on "One Step Communicate" is a banger.

Now I want to return to that original self-titled 1994 album where I had my socks knocked off by the first track. "True Paradise" has got panache, soul and class as a 1990s form of City Pop with the high-falutin' vocals of Kenichi Nakagawa(中川顕一), the snazzy horn-spiced melody by guitarist Hiroyuki Yano(矢野弘佳)and some nice background chorus. It's indeed the type of song that I would like to hear while walking down one of the main streets of Tokyo on a gorgeous clear night. Ren Takayanagi(高柳恋)was responsible for the lyrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.