Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Minami Shinoda -- Ashita mo Ashita(あしたもあした)

 

It was back in 2016 when I posted up the opening and ending themes for the oh-so-relaxing anime "Flying Witch"(ふらいんぐうぃっち): "Shanranran" (シャンランラン) and "Nichijo no Mahou"(日常の魔法)respectively. For the opener, I think I noted that I would like to head up to Hirosaki, Aomori Prefecture where the show was set; alas, I have yet to head up there but my anime buddy has done the pilgrimage to Hirosaki a couple of times now because of the charms of "Flying Witch" though he hasn't braved the cultivation of any mandrakes.

After watching the apparently one-and-done series at my buddy's house back in 2016, I decided to visit Hirosaki vicariously one more by watching the season again and once again, a fine time was had by me. However, what I hadn't known was that at the same time that the main series was running on TV, there was also a two-minute per episode online series for several weeks called "Flying Witch Petit"(ふらいんぐうぃっち ぷち). Done up in chibi style, some of the characters such as Makoto the teenage witch and her cat Chito to perform some cute vignettes. I opted to go through the entire package of ten episodes in one go.

I couldn't find a full clean version of the ending theme but it is still adorably worthy enough to cover. Seiyuu Minami Shinoda(篠田みなみ)who portrays Makoto sings "Ashita mo Ashita" (Tomorrow is Tomorrow, Too) which definitely fits the atmosphere of the Petit version of "Flying Witch" more than the original series. Sho Watanabe(渡辺翔)and Teppei Shimizu(清水哲平)were behind the creation of the song. Below is a mashup of "Ashita mo Ashita" and another song "Ah! Eto"(あっ!えとっ...Ah, Well!)by Happy Machine.



As a P.S., the above video by Inside Local Japan has the apple pie tour within Hirosaki and of course, my anime buddy partook in that. At 1:25, Fujita Memorial Park is featured and in the park, there is a Taisho Era café which did get its fifteen minutes (I think, literally) of fame in one episode of "Flying Witch"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.