Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Top 10 Singles for 1961

 

Hello there. I noticed that at this late hour, I currently have 89 entries for September 2023 and I really wanted to hit the 90 barrier. Therefore, I'm rushing this one in. I haven't done a rankings list in many a moon because I thought I pretty much exhausted the Oricon lists by year. However, I did find a listing for the Top 10 Singles for 1961 (and more) on this Hatena blog run by hitchartjapan based on a couple of pre-Oricon music journals, "Music Life" and "Music Monthly". I'm just surprised that Kyu Sakamoto's "Ue wo Muite Arukou" isn't in the Top 10 (it's down at No. 22!).


1. Yujiro Ishihara & Junko Makimura  Ginza no Koi no Monogatari

2. Yukio Hashi                                          Nankai no Bishonen

3. Mari Watanabe                                     Tokyo Dodonpa Musume

4. Mitsuo Sagawa                                     Mujou no Yume

5. Mahina Stars & Yukiko Tama            Kitakami Yakyoku

6. Hiroshi Inoue                                       Wakare no Isochidori

7. Yukio Hashi                                          Kutsukake Tokijiro

8. Frank Nagai                                         Kimi Koishi

9. Yukio Hashi                                          Okesa Utaeba

10. Yukio Hashi                                        Kiso Bushi Sandogasa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.