Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Kohei Dojima -- Sore wa Isshun no Dekigoto datta(それは一瞬の出来事だった)

 

Yup, we're into September now with the arrival of the customary long Labour Day weekend. The only thing is that we're going to get into some really torrid weather for the better part of a week. So, let's hold off on the pumpkin spice lattes for now.

I think it was just in the mid-summer that I introduced singer-songwriter Kohei Dojima's(堂島孝平)"Soshite Bokura wa Kanade Au ~ We Play Music"(そして僕らは奏で合う)from 2005 which I compared to Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Flying Kids and Original Love. I'm always interested in songs and singers that have a lot of inspirations.

By the same token, I'm getting much the same with "Sore wa Isshun no Dekigoto datta" (That was Something That Happened in the Moment) which was a part of Dojima's October 2005 24th single "So She, So I/Sore wa Isshun no Dekigoto datta". I gather then that the single was a double-A-side. Written and composed by Dojima, compared to "We Play Music", "Sore wa Isshun no Dekigoto datta" goes a bit more into the AOR via sophisticated pop (thanks to that lone trumpet) but there's also some nice 70s feeling with the electric piano. It's a seasonally appropriate tune about a rather awkward moment in a couple's relationship. I can only hope that it doesn't end up with a baby carriage several months down the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.