Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Tomita Lab feat. TENDRE -- Take That!

 

Considering what I've seen in the lyrics of this song, I couldn't help but think of the BBC/Amazon production of the show "Good Omens" with David Tennant and Michael Sheen. Incidentally, I am looking forward to seeing Tennant as the good Doctor again in a couple of months' time.

It was exactly a month ago that I posted the groovy "Natsu no Ghost"(夏の亡霊), a collaboration between Tomita Lab(冨田ラボ)and Kirinji(キリンジ)as a part of the former's "WORKS BEST 2 〜beautiful songs to remember〜" album which came out a few months ago in June. Well today, I'm including another track here as the Lab's joint production with singer-songwriter TENDRE

Having gone through TENDRE's lyrics in "Take That!", I haven't been able to understand them in full clarity but it seems that someone is undergoing an existential crisis which involves a certain dread of the future. As the cute video above makes clear, a devil and an angel are having their battles over and around the poor fellow. Still, Tomita Lab's music is jolly funky as well and it even includes an old-fashioned 1980s orchestra hit. Also, my compliments to the harmonious chorus by Hanah Spring and Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.