Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

KAZZ:BA -- Sweet Lies

 

Earlier this year, I introduced the band KAZZ:BA which included Mima Morioka(森岡みま)who had been the teen drummer and vocalist for the technopop band Cosmic Invention(コスミック・インベンション). The song that I covered was "Itsumo"(いつも)from their July 1991 album "Cuarenta".

As "Itsumo" shows, KAZZ:BA was a whole different animal compared to Cosmic Invention. And even this other track from "Cuarenta", "Sweet Lies" distinguishes itself from "Itsumo". I think that there is still enough of a City Pop essence in there but I'm also picking up on some Latin funk and New Jack Swing rhythms. Yup, I'm getting all nostalgic for those 1990s once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.