Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 24, 2026

J-Canuck's Four Favourite Songs by Original Love

 

For the Friday edition of NHK's "Asaichi"(あさイチ), we all got the delight of being serenaded by Takao Tajima(田島貴男), aka Original Love. It was a reminder of how great a singer he has been for well over thirty years. Ever since I first heard one of his tunes on my friend's car radio, I've been hooked by his distinctive voice and his happy adoption of various genres including jazz, rock and soul.

Much to my surprise, I realized that I had yet to provide a Favourites list regarding Original Love so here it is to finish today's cadre of urban contemporary on KKP Friday! Have a great weekend!

(1993) Seppun (Kiss) (接吻)


(1993) Sunshine Romance (サンシャイン ロマンス)


(1994) Asahi no Ataru Michi (朝日のあたる道)


(1996)  Primal

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for share this list of your four Favourite Songs by Original Love! Original I miss read the title to mean your absolute four favourite love songs and then after taken the time to listen to these songs I so was surprised that I had not heard of any of these songs, but I feel a lot better after actually reading the title of this post since I have not (I think) heard any song by Original Love before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Brian. Original Love isn't quite the household word that a lot of other acts are and the band had their heyday back in the 90s so perhaps it's not that surprising that folks under a certain age may not know too much about them.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.